GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel
General Manager’s Job Description
Responsible for the day-to-day operation and management for the GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel of Faribault, MN and its staff; accountable for the planning organization and directing all hotel functions, including sales & marketing, front office/guest services, housekeeping, breakfast and maintenance. The purpose of this position is to profitably and efficiently operate the GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel by creating and promoting a sales-driven culture and clearly establishing the GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel as a market leader within the extended stay hotel market. This position works in conjunction with Birch Lake Hospitality.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Project a professional image of the GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel.
- Be on property and available during a five-day work schedule, and available by cell phone in case of emergencies, or serious guest requests or staffing issues.
- Be proactive with daily email and voicemail management.
- Track daily occupancy, revenue, and Rev Par in an effort to improve.
- Oversee and work closely with the Assistant Manager and Director of Sales and Marketing on pricing strategies, managing yield/inventory, guest reviews, establishing rate packages, leveraging marketing dollars, sales training programs and all other AGM or DOS responsibilities.
- Develop and grow corporate business in conjunction with the Assistant General Manager and Director of Sales.
- Establish community ties through partnerships with Chamber of Commerce and destination organizations applicable to hotel’s region.
- Institute expense control measures across department lines to ensure that operational areas are coming in at budget or better than budget based off incoming revenues and approved budgets.
- Oversite on inventory items to ensure that appropriate par levels are being maintained.
- Performs HR duties; hiring, development and training programs, coaching, and retention of all GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel associates.
- Conduct exit interviews with all departing staff.
- Work with departments on scheduling associates based off current forecasts and trends to accommodate business needs.
- Perform random audits (Quality Assurance, Internal Accounting, and Safety programs to ensure that our business is in compliance with operational standards.
- Facilitate monthly meetings, assign designee to cover monthly safety topics.
- Support operational areas where needed.
- Generate ideas with regards to capital expenditure items and work in conjunction with Birch Lake Hospitality on scope of projects, costs, coordination of contractors, punch lists, and final end product.
- Achieve budgeted revenue, and profit goals, while balancing costs with guest satisfaction.
- Other duties upon request