HomeTown Credit Union
|Position: Faribault Branch Manager||Date: October 3, 2018|
|Department: Operations||Status: Exempt|
|Reports To: AVP Member Engagement||Shift: 8:30am – 5:30/6:00pm|
|Supervises: 6-8||Location: Faribault, MN|
Support the development and implementation of initiatives and programs that will strengthen the Credit Union’s presence and provide growth opportunities within the Faribault community. Provide professional leadership to the branch staff to achieve Credit Union goals and initiatives. Schedule, train, coach, develop and evaluate staff to ensure Credit Union members consistently receive the highest level of service. Provide support and motivation to the branch staff with the objective of building and strengthening member relationships. Responsible for the overall appearance and maintenance of the branch office.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing the daily operations including opening and closing the Faribault office during the week and on weekends.
- Monitor and approve branch staffing and scheduling to ensure efficient delivery of services.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all Credit Union products, services and promotions.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the entire data processing system and a thorough knowledge of the member services and lending platforms.
- Provide support to members regarding products and services in a professional, friendly, enthusiastic and efficient manner.
- Provide backup support to the branch staff for all member services as necessary.
- Ensure that all systems and equipment function such that branch staff and member satisfaction is maximized.
- Maintain a highly motivated, well-trained staff by ensuring staff training and procedures are in place to meet security needs of the Faribault office.
- Oversee and assist in training and education to enhance employee knowledge and skills.
- Provide regular feedback to staff through coaching, performance plans, and appraisals that foster success to achieve goals and objectives.
- Keep management informed of all pertinent issues and maintain on-going office communications.
- Attend seminars, webinars, and round table meetings as a way of keeping current on changes in regulations, industry trends, marketing and business development.
- Assist in establishing individual and branch goals and objective for the branch staff to align with the vision, mission and strategic plan of the Credit Union.
- Support the strategic directions of the Credit Union and the Business Plan Goals.
- Assist with monitoring office supplies and that all marketing materials are current.
- Communicate professionally both verbally as well as in writing with all members and co-workers.
- Project warmth and competence both in person and over the phone.
- Work in an environment that demands resourcefulness and flexibility and on-the-spot decision making.
- Confidentiality is required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Business Development and Community Involvement:
- Provide on-going communication to management on business development opportunities within the Faribault community
- Assist in identifying products, services and promotions to remain competitive in the Faribault market.
- Serve as Credit Union liaison with such groups as the Chamber of Commerce organizations in the Faribault community.
- Maintain a high profiles of the Credit Union through community involvement in Faribault, and represent the Credit Union as necessary in community functions.
- Maintain the highest level of professional business demeanor and performance to ensure a favorable image to members and the community.
- Act as a point of contact for requests for marketing, sponsorships and donations within the Faribault community. Responsible for effectively communicating with Business Development/Community Education Coordinator regarding such requests.
- Assist with member appreciation efforts.
- Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school in a business related field is preferred.
- Two years of experience in a financial institution with lending experience is preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a leadership role is preferred.
- Proven ability to effectively use marketing strategies and sales techniques to promote financial products and services.
- Ability to work as a member of a team in daily operation of the Credit Union.
- Detail orientated with the ability to multi-task, prioritize activities and manage change.
- Self motivated.
- Excellent communication skills, including listening, writing and presentation.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel etc.)
- Regular full time attendance.