General Definition of Position
Primarily, this position will serve as a loan analyst for various lenders. This will include loan analysis, preparing the credit analysis on loans presented to the loan committee and performing annual review of credits. Prepares loan write ups and summaries along with recommendations to loan officer and loan committees.
Title of Supervisor: Chief Credit Officer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete a thorough, in depth analysis of new credit requests, credit change requests, renewals and annual relationship reviews. Recommends risk rating and changes when analysis merits.
- Deliver meaningful, detailed credit analysis while providing efficient, timely service to loan officers.
- Prepare reports, summaries, and opinions to lenders on new, renewal and existing loans.
- Report findings that may have an adverse effect on loan collateral and/or borrowers’ ability to repay the loan.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the Bank’s lending policies and procedures & identify exceptions to policy.
- Review loan files as needed to ensure quality, consistency and compliance with lending guidelines and regulations.
- Work with loan officers to identify & collect documents needed for timely & efficient approvals on new and existing credits.
- Assist in maintaining credit tracking system on commercial and Ag loans.
- Complete collateral analysis and evaluations accurately and timely as assigned.
- Complete reviews of collateral appraisals and evaluations as assigned.
- Assist in cross selling & referrals to other departments in bank, promote a positive energetic environment and as part of overall team, & support other bank activities as requested
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understand financial data (balance sheet, income statements, cash flows, financial ratios, etc) and apply skills as they pertain to loan underwriting process.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Adapt to changing work situations and maintain a high attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and persistent in follow through
- Highly competent with multiple software and technology. (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Flexible to change in a growing organization
- Previous experience with various credit analytic software a plus (Credit Quest, Finpack or other credit analytics software)
- 3-5 years as credit analyst.
- Knowledge of commercial lending & regulations