TITLE & HOURLY RATE: Machinist - $26.34 PLUS $1,000 Sign-on Bonus*
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Understand and adhere to Company guidelines as relates to plant operations.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Crown’s Standard Operating Procedures, Safety Rules, Safety Training and practice all Safe Start Principles.
- Complete all applicable department/union training programs.
- Responsible for practicing safety and reporting any unsafe conditions.
- Inspect and verify tooling as per print specifications.
- Provide prompt and efficient support to the operating departments in all breakdown situations that require a machinist.
- Provide service to the operating departments on any appropriations or preventative maintenance.
- Provide trouble shooting skills to all operations in the plant.
- Actively participate in Total Quality Management (TQM) and Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Calculate and determine dimensions, tapers, indices, and other data using shop formulae and handbooks as necessary.
- Select and grind tools for the job in accordance with hardness machinability, desired finish, and other properties of parts to be machined.
- Perform welding as required.
- Procures or makes jigs, fixtures, or machine attachments required for the job.
- Set up and operates machine tools and production equipment, adjusting stops, feeds and speeds for efficient machining and production.
- Machine parts to precision tolerances and specified finishes.
- Use precision measuring instruments.
- Dismantle broke down machinery and equipment, diagnose, repair, and rebuild.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Works in the shop or production departments as required.
- Develop and fabricate solutions for deficient guarding throughout the plant to comply with OSHA General Industry Standards.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary educational program, certified apprentice program as tool and diemaker, maintenance machinist or similar, and 3 - 5 years of recent relevant experience. Ten years of recent experience involving both fields and recent verifiable job experience in these areas would also fulfill job requirements.
- Certification in or demonstrated ability to weld using at least three of the following processes: brazing, gas welding, electric arc including cast iron repair, tungsten inert gas and wire feed.
- Demonstrated ability to read and produce prints, layout and fabricate parts and work with metric measurements. Knowledge of metals, threads, and fits.
- Initiative, good judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work cooperatively with others to determine needs of and provide information to internal customers.
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures and noise levels.
- All applicants will be tested for skills and ability.
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge, apply today!
Crown offers an extensive benefits package.
Find out more about Crown Cork & Seal USA, Inc at www.crowncork.com/careers
In addition to being a company who puts Safety first, we offer amazing benefits including:
- Company paid medical/dental/prescription/vision benefits for full time employees
- Pension after five years of service
- Training and Career Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
Sign-on Bonus Terms*: $1,000 sign-on bonus, when you start employment prior to December 31, 2021:
- Bonus offered from August 1, 2021 - December 31, 2021.
- Bonus only applicable to specific jobs.
- Must be a fulltime employee and in good standings at time of each payout.
- Payouts will occur in three installments.
- Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Crown Cork & Seal USA, Inc., a wholly owned company of Crown Holdings, Inc. is a global leader in the design, manufacture and sale of packaging products for consumer goods.
Here at Crown, we are passionate about helping our customers build their brands and connect with consumers around the world. We do this by delivering innovative packaging that offers significant value for brand owners, retailers and consumers alike. This is no small achievement, since value means something different to each of these stakeholders.
We are proud to be the leader in metal packaging technology. With operations in 47 countries employing over 33,000 people and net sales of $11.6 billion, we are uniquely positioned to bring best practices in quality and manufacturing to growing economies in Asia, Eastern Europe, South America and the Middle East and North Africa. Whether improving existing technology or pioneering a new concept, we are committed to working in partnership with our customers to drive their businesses locally and globally.
Crown’s Aerosol Division helps global brands become leaders in their market segments with high quality metal aerosol packaging. We merge our unique decorating capabilities with the latest aerosol technologies to create packaging that not only meets rigorous industry requirements but most importantly, the everyday needs and expectations of consumers worldwide. Here is your chance to join the Crown Aerosol Division.