CAC strives to be a trauma responsive organization, going beyond just recognizing the effects trauma has on individuals, families and our society as a whole, to actively attempting to lessen the impact of trauma in the lives the organization touches. Being Trauma Responsive means believing that people can adapt, heal and even grow from traumatic experiences through repeated experiences of feeling safe, connected and in control—over and over again. The Food Access Program Manager will lead and oversee mobile food distributions as well as coordinate the creation of a new food shelf and resource center in the community of Faribault. The position will focus on building and maintaining a strong volunteer base that fosters a culture of abundance, hope, support, and appreciation for those we serve.
Primary Job Responsibilities: CAC’s success is based on the flexibility of its staff and volunteers to dynamically adjust to meet the needs of the community.
The primary responsibilities for this job include: Food Program Coordination -
● Lead and coordinate logistics and transportation for regular mobile food distributions, in partnership with Three Rivers and other local partners, farms, and organizations
● Develop a volunteer schedule and positions to support regular mobile food distributions as well as food shelf activities to include retail rescue food pick-up, food sorting and stocking, shopping with clients, food merchandising and display, etc.
● Oversee food sourcing and ordering for purchased food for food shelf and mobile food distributions, retail rescue food deliveries and pick-up’s, inventory oversight and stockroom coordination
● Comply with federal regulations set forth by TEFAP, food recalls, safe food handling and civil rights training (training provided) ● Maintain safety and security by following all health and safety procedures and communicate accordingly
● Collect and electronically submit monthly statistical reports to Channel One Food Bank
● Oversee data collection through CAC’s client database
See full job post here: https://communityactioncenter.org/files/Food-Access-Program-Manager-Job-Description.pdf